The product known as a map has, to a large extent, evolved from a 2-D abstraction printed on paper showing symbols representing features. intoe interactive, 3-D models that re-create the earth’s surface as it actually exists. ASC provides imagery and positioning data to ensure the usability as well as integrity of these models.
– State-of-the-art Vexcel imaging technology integrates with all existing airborne precision-positioning systems (including KGPS and IMU), and digital images are output with full interior and exterior orientation parameters to be used within GIS and other machine-vision environments.
– Integrated direct georeferencing, near-automatic production of orthophotos and rapid aerial triangulation processes reduce the need for LIDAR-generated models.
– A robust tie-point architecture provides highly accurate triangulation. Image clarity enables faster, more accurate tie-point matching than any other sensor technology.
– Radiometric (colour) balancing of individual images or entire photo archives and a higher dynamic range makes it easier to map dense urban corridors and high-contrast sites such as shorelines and forests.
– Combining digital imagery with orthorectification allows Airborne Sensing to provide accurate Digital Surface Models (DSMs), enabling an extremely quick transformation of 2-D imagery into corresponding 3-D representations of the earth.